papowell at astart.com papowell at astart.com
Tue Oct 7 22:02:26 EDT 1997

#
# - Patrick Powell has again suggested that we specify an additional port to
# be used by IPP.  After discussion it was suggested to accept Patrick's
# proposal with the following conditions:
# 1) The alternative port should be used if not the default port (80) for
# HTTP is used.
# AND
# 2) unless the security protocol used, SSL3 or TLS, requires a special port
# THEN
# 3) it is recommended to use the alternative port number (516), which must
# be present in the published Printer URI.
#
# Carl-Uno to write up text.

Thank you.  I think this will make life simpler.

Patrick Powell