Turner, Randy rturner at sharplabs.com
Thu Oct 9 16:46:14 EDT 1997

	[Turner, Randy]
	Yes, the potential definitely exists; but if the protocol is
well defined and TCP/IP
	is a used, then the protocol should have a TCP port defined for
it, in which case
	rule #2 from my original mail message would be used to determine
the server
	port number.

> 2) I hope that we are not in conflict with the HTTP 1.1 spec if we
> allow an
> HTTP server, providing IPP service, NOT to support the HTTP default
> port 80.
	[Turner, Randy]  These rules do not preclude this. I think it
was Ira that stated
	(correctly) that all HTTP 1.1 servers must support 80, but may
support other
	port numbers, like your quote from 2068 says. This scenario is
covered by
	following my proposed rules, in order.