Asynchronous event notification.
This area is extremely difficult to pin down and implement,
in spite of what you might think.
1. Transport protocol to be used?
2. Application protocol to be used?
SMTP? HTTP? Totally new one?
SMTP? Totally new one?
3. OK, assume that we decide to use mail.
1. Use SMTP? ESMTP?
2. What headers in the message?
3. What is the format of the text?
4. Security issues?
Using IPP for mail bombs?
I think that quietly dropping notification until the next version of the
protocol makes good sense.