Scott Isaacson SISAACSON at novell.com
Thu Oct 30 17:12:13 EST 1997

Yes they will always be sent. See the notes from the 10/29/97 IPP meetings
and see the new
document that will come out in the next few days.

Scott

>>> Rick Yardumian <rick at cp10.es.xerox.com> 10/30 2:40 PM >>>
The latest model spec states that the attributes "attributes-charset" and
"attributes-natural-language" are MANDATORY. Does this mean that they must
be sent by the client even when the client does not send any text and/or
name type attributes?  Up until now, none of the IPP request operations had
required attributes.  I don't have an opinion one way or the other but I was
assuming that some companies were pushing for no mandatory attributes on
requests.

Rick
Rick Yardumian
Xerox Corporation    Voice: (310) 333-8303 / 8*823-8303
Corporate Research & Technology Fax: (310) 333-6342 / 8*823-6342
701 S. Aviation Blvd, ESAE-242 Email: rick at cp10.es.xerox.com
El Segundo, CA 90245