IPP> MOD & PRO - Security terminology

Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Nov 17 19:58:57 EST 1997

Randy and other looking at improving our text on security,

In our earlier discussions, we have loosely spoken about "secure" and
"insecure" URIs for IPP etc. I suggest that we need to come up with better
terms for the actual text in the draft documents, such as:

	HTTP URI:			TLS URI:

	Basic security 		Enhanced security
	Simple security		Advanced security

What I want to avoid is to call the first case "insecure" or "non-secure"
as it contains the case where RFC 2069 is used, which by many is considered
to be enough of security for a particular IPP printer.

Carl-Uno
Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com