Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Dec 1 12:53:23 EST 1997

 Folks,

	This is a formal request for final comments within the IETF IPP working
group, prior to submitting the specification on to the IESG for
consideration as an Informational RFC.  The document has undergone
considerable and repeated review and revision and we believe that we now
have working group consensus on their adequacy.

	The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections which
have not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
correction.

	Last Call is for 2 weeks.  Hence, the period for working group comments
will close on Monday, 15 December, 1997 (US pacific time reference).

	The relevant document is:

       Title		: Rationale for the Structure of the Model and
                          Protocol for the Internet Printing Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Zilles
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-rat-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 26-Nov-97

          This document is one of a set of documents which together
          describe all aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).
          IPP is an application level protocol that can be used for
          distributed printing on the Internet. There are multiple parts
          to IPP, but the primary architectural components are the Model,
          the Protocol and an interface to Directory Services. This
          document provides a high level overview of the architecture
          and provides the rationale for the decisions made in
          structuring the architecture.

          The full set of IPP documents include:

               Requirements for an Internet Printing Protocol
               Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Model and Semantics
               Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Protocol Specification
               Rationale for the Structure of the Model and Protocol for
                   the Internet Printing Protocol

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-rat-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
	ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-rat-02.txt

--

Carl-Uno Manros
Co-chair IETF WG IPP

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com