Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Sun Dec 7 20:59:37 EST 1997

Harald,

A couple of comments from an IPP perspective below.

Carl-Uno

At 06:06 AM 12/6/97 PST, you wrote:
>The agenda will be, roughly:
>
>- Reports from WGs, with our usual distraction frequency - 45 min
>  (that's approximately 1-2 min per slot; take care!)
>- Charset policy - how is it received & applied? - 15 min

We have mandated support for UTF-8, but are allowing additional encodings

>- Security in applications: Strategy, directions, progress? - 1 hour

We are happy about TLS eventually coming out as RFC so that we can
reference it, but are unhappy with the removal of of the "no-security" case
which was possible in earlier drafts. This forced us to redesign the
solution in IPP. Did the Application Area had any say in this? After all,
we believe that the applications are the main IETF "customers" of the
security specs.

>- AOB - 1/2 hour
>
>                    Harald A

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com