IPP> Get Attributes

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Wed Dec 17 15:33:40 EST 1997

I have noticed the same problem during my implementation.

With printer operations except Get-Attributes, the presence of a job-id
is an error. With job operations whose target is a printer-uri except
Get-Attributes, the absence of a job-id is an error. Because
Get-Attributes is both a job and printer operation, neither the
presence nor absence of job-id is an error. Rather it determines
whether the operation is a printer or job operation.

I am leaning towards Steve's idea to have two operations Get-Job-Attributes
and Get-Printer-Attributes.