IPP> MOD - URGENT: Ok to call 2nd printer uri: "printer-map

IPP> MOD - URGENT: Ok to call 2nd printer uri: "printer-map

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Wed Dec 17 16:03:23 EST 1997

I had a concern when "printer-map-uri" was considered that most people
would think of the English word "map" rather than see it as an
acronym for "mutual authentication and privacy".

But the reason for moving away from "secure-printer-uri" is that
the printer-uri is not totally insecure. It can have authentication.

Perhaps "printer-tls-uri" is the least bad, but we have had other
reasons for avoiding it.  It also the case, that if we went to name
another port (other than 80 and 443) in the protocol, the IESG would
want a single port for TLS and non-tls, so there might be a single
printer-uri. Though I expect that depPerhaps