IPP> regarding "ipp:" (I spoke too soon...)

Paul Moore paulmo at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 2 14:24:48 EDT 1998

Not so. Every IPP packet is a fully conformant HTTP packet. We are not
inventing a new protocol in the scheme sense. Point any lan sniffer at an
IPP exchange and ask it what the protocol is - it will say its HTTP. The
argument you are using would say that SMTP is not TCP/IP. IPP is layered on
top of HTTP - same way that form-based upload is.