don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Tue Jul 7 18:17:56 EDT 1998

I think we have quickly gone over the edge already.  Once we start adding
these kind of functions, we are starting the "function creep" process all
over again.  One of the problems with the existing IPP definition is that
taken individually, each and ever function and enhancement we added made
sense.  However, on the whole, IPP swelled to enormous proportions.  We
need to strongly push back on going beyond the simple MS operational
enhancements until we have some real world experience and customer feedback
on IPP 1.0.

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *