IPP> Re: New IPP Scheme

don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Mon Jul 13 08:47:37 EDT 1998

My points are:

1.  I am not really concerned about cases where "ipp:" is handled under the
covers by computers.

2.  In cases where people handle URL's, I think the "http:" URL is better
from a number of perspectives which I have already described.  Some how
people seem to figure out business cards that say:

Phone: 606-232-4808
Fax: 606-232-6740

even though the phone numbers look very similar to the fax numbers.
Equally, I think people can handle quite well (largely because it looks
like the familiar web URL they are used to):

Web: http://www.lexmark.com
Printer: http://printer1.bldg035.lexmark.com

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *

Scott Lawrence <lawrence%agranat.com at interlock.lexmark.com> on 07/13/98
08:20:41 AM