IPP> possible compromise?

Ira Mcdonald x10962 imcdonal at eso.mc.xerox.com
Wed Jul 15 12:31:52 EDT 1998

Hi Keith and Harry,

I think it's useful to note that even LDAPv3 has recently been
permitted to publish standards track RFCs WITHOUT any security
mechanism (and a rather naive note that suggests read-only
implementations).

I maintain that even a read-only implementation of LDAPv3 without
any security (for read) is a good deal more dangerous in the
business liability and exposure sense that an implementation
of IPP without any security in some printers is.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (High North Inc)
[Keith and Harry's notes]