henrik.holst at i-data.com henrik.holst at i-data.com
Mon Oct 5 05:33:32 EDT 1998

My opinion is that the second proposal must be the right solution
I.e.
>attr-tag=value-tag-keyword
>attr-name='requested-attributes'
>attr-value='printer-info'
>attr-value='printer-location'

Then we have a consistent. When the requested attribute is
'requested-attributes'
and the values e.g are 'printer-info' and 'printer-location', then I think,
the IPP Printer should return the value it doesn't support. The same
behavior as other
attribute with unsupported attributes.

/HOLST

In Savannah we agreed that in the operations get-job-attributes, get-jobs,
and get-printer-attributes, if the 'requested-attributes' attribute
contains values specifying attributes not supported by the printer, the
printer SHALL return status code
'successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes' and MAY return these
attributes in the 'unsupported-attributes' group.  My question is, if the
printer chooses to list the attributes as unsupported in the response,
which of the following formats should it use (suppose the printer doesn't
support 'printer-info' and 'printer-location'):

attr-tag=value-tag-unsupported
attr-name='printer-info'
attr-value=NULL

attr-tag=value-tag-unsupported