IPP> Timeouts

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 14 15:04:43 EDT 1998

Since we spent so much time talking about the actual time-out in today's
conference call... I just wanted to make sure we don't loose track of the MEAT
of the resolution to 1.28 in Savannah...what happens AFTER the timeout.

1. For spooling applications - move the job to the 'aborted' state with the
'aborted-by-system' job-state-reasons value set.
2. For non-spooling applications - move the job to the 'pending-held' state
with a job-state-reason of "incomplete-job"
3. As a fallback - move the job to the 'pending' state and print the job. (A
form of natural aging)

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems