Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Feb 25 16:18:44 EST 1998

Keith & Harald,

Here is my official request for an IPP slot in Los Angeles.

Carl-Uno

---

At 10:10 AM 1/27/98 PST, you wrote:
>Scheduling requests for ALL Working Groups and BOFs is currently
>taking place.  The cut-off for requesting slots is Monday,
>March 9 at 5:00 ET.

>    a.  Working Group or BOF name. Include proposed BOF title - 35
>        or fewer characters please, and acronym - 8 characters max.);

Internet Printing Protocol WG (ipp)

>    b.  Area under which Working Group (or BOF) appears;

Applications

>    c.  Conflicts you wish to avoid, please be as specific as possible.
>        You will be notified of any conflicts which arise. Conflicts
>        should then be resolved by the Chairs and the final outcome
>        sent to: agenda at ietf.org

IFAX, HTTP (or closely related), TLS

>    d.  Expected Attendance (attendance figures from 40th IETF
>        will be sent at a later time);

40 - 50

>    e.  Any special requests. (i.e., do you want your session
>        multicast - mbone slots cannot always be guaranteed;
>        special seating arrangements).

NONE

>2.  Tuesday will have one-hour sessions.  If your working group
>    or BOF needs to meet for one hour or less it will be scheduled
>    on Tuesday.  Please indicate on your request if you will need
>    a one-hour session.  Requests for two contiguous one-hour
>    sessions will not be addressed until all one-hour requests
>    have been accommodated.

Prefer one 2 hour slot on Wednesday or Thursday

>===============
>1.  Applications: The AD's for the Applications Area will be
>    creating an area track.  Groups will not be reflected on
>    the Agenda until a complete track is submitted to the
>    Secretariat by the AD.
>    <moore+iesg at cs.utk.edu>, <Harald.Alvestrand at maxware.no>

Proposed IPP Agenda
===================

1) Review any comments from the IESG concerning the following 5 WG drafts
that have been proposed for publication as RFCs:

 o Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Protocol Specification
   <draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
 o Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Model and Semantics
   <draft-ietf-ipp-model-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
 o Requirements for an Internet Printing Protocol
   <draft-ietf-ipp-req-01.txt> as an Informational RFC.
 o Rationale for the Structure of the Model and Protocol for the
   Internet Printing Protocol <draft-ietf-ipp-rat-02.txt> as an
   Informational RFC.
 o Mapping between LPD and IPP Protocols
   <draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-03.txt> as an Informational RFC.

2) Review and discuss proposed requirements for IPP Notifications and
entertain proposals for possible existing standarization efforts on which
IPP Notifications could be built.

 o Requirements for IPP Notifications
   <draft-ietf-ipp-not-00.txt>

3) Discuss how to make sure that the generic Directory attributes from the
IPP Model & Semantics documents gets mapped to LDAP and SLP

4) Discuss any other future work on IPP

-----

Regards,

Carl-Uno Manros
Co-chair IETF IPP WG

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com