James Walker walker at dazel.com
Wed Feb 25 17:31:36 EST 1998

Dan Wing wrote:

> The thread on email-based notification has been interesting, but as
> Larry has pointed out, the problems of internationalization have been
> solved with DSNs (RFCs 1891-1894, especially 1894) and MDNs
> (draft-ietf-receipt-mdn-08.txt).

I may be a bit dense, but I am having a hard time seeing how MDNs
solve the notification problems that we have been discussing.  If
the answer is simply to use the same idea of a multipart/report
MIME type, where one part is human readable, and the other part is
machine readable, that is fine.  However, if the suggestion is to
use the message/disposition-notification MIME type, it just does
not work for me.

curious...
...walker

--