IPP> Notification content

Turner, Randy rturner at sharplabs.com
Mon Mar 9 12:34:30 EST 1998

I seem to remember there was some concensus towards the end of the
discussion that two items needed to be defined:

1.	What events cause a notification to be generated, and
2.	What parameters get transmitted along with the event
notification.

I emphasized at the meeting that the parameters that are transmitted
along with a particular event are "standardized" (fixed) in a
standards-track document. If a client needs to know more about the
particular event, the client can subsequently issue an IPP request or
possibly an SNMP request depending upon the original event.

Randy