Jay Martin jkm at underscore.com
Wed Mar 11 10:57:01 EST 1998

--------------AF19E378F4F264900FC5F48E

Attached is a message just posted to the ACAP DL.  (ACAP is the
IETF WG for "Application Configuration Access Protocol", an effort
I have been monitoring for quite some time with regard to SENSE.)

This group is now considering whether to incorporate XML in ACAP,
having all the same kinds of interest/concern the IPP WG has shown.

These words are very disturbing.  Unless anyone has any objections,
I'd like to post related messages on this ACAP thread to the IPP DL
so that others don't have to monitor the ACAP DL themselves.

Please note that I am *not* against using XML; in fact, I find it
rather interesting for IPP and other protocol efforts.  I just want
to make sure we have both eyes open should we pursue XML at this
stage.

	...jay

--  JK Martin               |  Email:   jkm at underscore.com          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
--------------AF19E378F4F264900FC5F48E