Jay Martin jkm at underscore.com
Mon Mar 23 10:26:43 EST 1998

Turner, Randy wrote:

> I will reiterate my belief that I don't think its realistic for a simple
> embedded device to maintain notification info for hundreds of clients.

I agree 110%.  That fundamental belief is one of the most critical
assumptions for which SENSE was designed.  Namely, require the
managed entity (ie, a printer) to provide minimal scalability for
key services (ie, just a few simultaneous client accesses), then
route that information into a generalized client/server system
with a very high degree of scalability.

	...jay

--  JK Martin               |  Email:   jkm at underscore.com          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --