IPP> Host to device

don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Fri Apr 3 16:22:22 EST 1998

Randy:

My biggest concern is that your proposal is TCP/IP only.  Is does not solve
the problem for printers connected to servers via:

- Parallel
- Serial
- USB
- 1394
- IPX/SPX
- AppleTalk
- DLC/LLC
- etc., etc., etc.

If I'm going to use TCP/IP then I might as well go ahead with the HTTP
based implementation.  You don't provide more status and control or
anything else that really buys me anything other than a slightly lighter
transport.  It's just not work the trouble for the return on investment.

Don

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *