IPP> Host to device

Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Apr 3 19:16:48 EST 1998

Charles,

You are right that if we see this only from an IETF perspective,
we do not need to care about all the other transfer protocols.
However, it is of general interest to members of the PWG to also
look for solutions that go beyond the IETF scope.

I expect that when we write up a solution for extending the IPP
within the IETF to cover IPP notifications, such a proposal
will be limited to the TCP/IP case.

Carl-Uno

At 01:56 PM 4/3/98 PST, Gordon, Charles wrote:
>Given that IPP is the Internet Printing Protocol, do we really need to
>support anything else besides TCP/IP?  Is the IPP working group even
>mandated to worry about non TCP/IP environments?
>
>					--- Charles

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com