Carl Kugler kugler at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 7 17:32:01 EDT 1998

Thanks for the lucid explanation of Job Object attributes!

I think I've got it now.  Let me run this past you to make sure.
attributes-charset and attributes-natural-language only appear as Job O=
bject
Attributes (or, more specifically, Job Description Attributes) in respo=
nses to
Get-Job-Attributes or Get-Jobs requests.  They MUST be sent if the clie=
nt
requests them in requested-attributes, because they are MANDATORY Job
Description Attributes and thus MUST be supported.  Furthermore,
attributes-natural-language (but not necessarily attributes-charset)  M=
UST be
sent in the Job Object attribute group returned for any job that was su=
bmitted
with a natural language which differs from that specified in the
attributes-natural-language Operation Attribute of the response.  Right=
?

  -Carl

ipp-owner at pwg.org on 04/07/98 02:01:15 PM
Please respond to ipp-owner at pwg.org