Carl Kugler kugler at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 15 12:21:59 EDT 1998

> The concrete transport/encoding IPP protocol document is VERY depende=
nt
> on HTTP chunking.

I still don't get it.  Could you please explain?

The original statement is:
> Encoding is HTTP independent except for chinking.

This sentence, to me, implies that there is some aspect of the IPP enco=
ding,
apart from HTTP, that depends on chunking.  This is suprising news to m=
e.

The only chunking-related requirements I've found in the Protocol docum=
ent are:
 1) the Server must support "chunked" Transfer-Encoding of Requests
 2) the Client must support "chunked" Responses.
These requirements derive directly from RFC 2068:  "All HTTP/1.1 applic=
ations
MUST be able to receive and decode the "chunked" transfer coding..."

 Confused in Boulder,

  Carl-III

ipp-owner at pwg.org on 04/14/98 05:34:03 PM
Please respond to ipp-owner at pwg.org
The abstract IPP described in the model document is not dependent on
HTTP chunking.

The concrete transport/encoding IPP protocol document is VERY dependent=

on HTTP chunking.

Randy