Carl Kugler kugler at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 20 13:11:16 EDT 1998

Peter-

> All,
> Regarding IPP testing experience with chunking/IPP.  I have not yet s=
een
> anyone that has tried this.  The tests I have been involved in, up to=
 very
> recently, used HTTP 1.0.  This was due to the limitations of JDK.  I =
have
> not yet pursued the added complexity of chunking.  This is a function=
 of
> IPP's underlying transport(HTTP 1.1).  I have been concentrating on t=
he IPP
> PAD and method invocation.  I would love to hear anyone with some con=
crete
> experience with IPP and chunking.

We have experience with IPP and chunking.  IBM's Lotus Go Webserver rep=
lies
with a chunked response when sent a request header like this one:

 POST /servlet/IPPServlet HTTP/1.1
 Host: localhost
 Accept: application/ipp

Also, we have interop tested with someone running the Microsoft web ser=
ver.
It, too, seems to reply with chunked Transfer-Encoding.  I'm not positi=
ve about
that (don't have the traces here), but I am sure that it always sends a=
 100
Continue before that actual response, and I think that implies chunking=