James Walker walker at dazel.com
Tue Jun 2 13:43:51 EDT 1998

Roger K Debry wrote:

> Of course, common courtesy would have suggested that comments
> on the IPP submission be copied to the IPP distribution list.  Making
> private comments to the IESG seems a bit tacky to me!!!

Well, tacky comments aside, I find it interesting that *none* of
the comments that were made during last call, positive or negative,
were copied to the IPP distribution list.  Why do you think that is?
Certainly, I am not the only person who was tacky enough to make
private comments to the IESG about IPP, just the only one who has
admitted to it so far.

Also, the IESG has deemed it acceptable for last call comments to
be sent to their private mailing list, so they must believe that
there is a reason for it.  If you have a problem with this policy,
it might be more appropriate and productive to discuss it on the
official IETF mailing list (which I believe is ietf at ietf.org).

being tacky...
...walker

--