Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Sat Jul 4 06:55:26 EDT 1998

> On reflection, I should worded my last statement as "clients SHOULD use ipp
> schemes, but MAY use http schemes to contact servers. Servers MUST support
> connections using either http or ipp schemes.

Okay.  If we're talking about URLs that go in HTTP request and response headers,
I'd agree with that.  The big question I have is the URLs that go in IPP
protocol elements.  I think they SHOULD (perhaps MUST) be ipp:.

More to the point, regardless of what is done on the wire, I think the user
should always use and see ipp: URLs when referring to a printer.

Keith