IPP> regarding "ipp:" (I spoke too soon...)

Ron Bergman rbergma at dpc.com
Mon Jul 6 10:58:16 EDT 1998

Josh did an excellent job of expressing my concern regarding Keith Moore's
and the IETF's position on a new scheme for ipp.

It appears that the IETF prefers to "munge" HTTP and it's data content
into one layer.  Then why is a "content-type" field needed?  An why
just selectively apply this rule?

I have read the many emails over the last several months, and I have
seriously tried to understand the IETF's position.  But some how I still
do not get it.  Why is HTTP not HTTP when the content-type is IPP?

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.