No subject

sjohnson at cp10.es.xerox.com sjohnson at cp10.es.xerox.com
Thu Aug 13 02:29:27 EDT 1998

>From ipp-owner at pwg.org Wed Aug 12 23:55:47 1998
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 15:46:38 PDT
To: ipp at pwg.org
From: Swen Johnson <sjohnson at cp10.es.xerox.com>
Subject: IPP> TES Bake-Off Scripts: Xerox_Basic
Cc: xerox-ipp-tools at cp10.es.xerox.com
Sender: owner-ipp at pwg.org

All,

We have placed our example test scripts on ftp.pwg.org. We hope that others
will find these scripts useful as a starting point in developing further
tests for use in the September bake-off. Following the conventions
established in Peter Zehler's recent message, this basic test suite is in a
new subdirectory under new_TES/Test_Scripts/Xerox:

    <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Test_Scripts/Xerox/Xerox_Basic>

The suite's README file is included below.

We encourage others to share their improvements to these scripts by placing
them in new subdirectories under Test_Scripts/Xerox.

    Swen Johnson
    Xerox Corporate Research and Technology
    xerox-ipp-tools at cp10.es.xerox.com

            README-Xerox-Basic.txt
This is the README file for Xerox-Basic IPP server
test suite. The script files in this suite are
executed by the Xerox IPP Server Test Tool (freely
downloadable from http://www.xerox.com/research/ipp).

=============================
Purpose of this Test Suite
=============================
The purposes of this test suite are to:

    1) Establish a standard set of definitions for
    attributes and operations that may be re-used
    by other test suites (StdDefs.test).

    2) Serve as an example and starting point from
    which other suites may be derived.

This test suite models the Printer Working Group's
IPP Test Plan Outline Document (Feb 13, 1998).

=============================
Files Included
=============================
    StdDefs.test            -- Attribute & Operation defs
    MyPrinterDefs.test      -- You must edit this; see below
    Basic.test              -- Basic set of tests
    TheFileToPrint.ps       -- Simple Postscript master
    README-Xerox-Basic.txt  -- This file

=============================
How to Use This Test Suite
=============================
MyPrinterDefs.test is a place-holder file to contain
definitions specific to your printer; at a mininum, it will
define a Symbol called "target", which is the URI of your
printer. Inside you will find instructions for editing it;
we recommend that you first copy MyPrinterDefs.test to
another file appropriately named for your printer, and edit
the new file.

Once you have edited MyPrinterDefs.test appropriately,
you can run the suite using the batch file "IppTest.bat"
which is supplied with the IPP Server Test Tool. Remember
to set the JDK_HOME and PATH environment variables per
instructions in the IPP Server Test Tool's README file;
e.g., on Windows NT4/95:

  set PATH=<include location of IppTest.bat>
  set JDK_HOME=<path to jdk1.1.x release>

  IppTest.bat -report verbose StdDefs.test MyPrinterDefs.test Basic.test

Forward comments, questions, or problems to:
  xerox-ipp-tools at cp10.es.xerox.com