[Fwd: IPP> ADM - Minutes from the IPP Meeting

Carl Kugler kugler at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 18 10:50:31 EDT 1998

To:	HPARRA at novell.com
cc:
From:	Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM @ IBMUS
Subject:	Re: [Fwd: IPP> ADM - Minutes from the IPP Meeting in Toronto

I was basing my assumption on these words from MOD:
	For Job operations, the operation is directed at either:
- The Job object itself using the Job object's URI.  In this case, the client identifies the target object by supplying the correct URI in the "job-uri (uri)" operation attribute.
- The Printer object that created the Job object using both the Printer objects URI and the Job object's Job ID.  Since the Printer object that created the Job object generated the Job ID, it MUST be able to correctly associate the client supplied Job ID with the correct Job object.  The client supplies the Printer object's URI in the "printer-uri (uri)" operation attribute and the Job object's Job ID in the "job-id (integer(1:MAX))" operation attribute.

I interpret this as saying that a Job operation is directed at a Printer object when the target is specified using "printer-uri" and "job-id" attributes.

If the target is specified using the "job-uri" attribute, the operation is directed to the job itself.

		-Carl

Please respond to HPARRA at novell.com