IPP> ADM - IPP Phone Conference 981021

Manros, Carl-Uno B cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Oct 20 14:08:32 EDT 1998

PWG IPP Phone Conference 981021
===============================

All,

I am back in the office and will attend this week's phone conference,
but I will be out again next week.

I want us to focus on resolving any remaining issues discovered during or
in parallel with the bake-off in September.

I also want us to go over the document updates that we need to do for
the next set of drafts. My understanding is that we need to re-issue ALL
our drafts before the next IETF Meeting cut-off date, which is on November
18. We need to have intermediate drafts ready for final review in our
Tucson, AZ Meeting on October 10-12.

In addition to the current five documents, we are also trying to get a
stable draft of the new IPP Implementor's Guide document. The latter will
contain advice on good implementation practices, which sometimes go beyond
the more formal text in the drafts intended for the standards track, and
is planned as an informational document. It will among other things
contain the text from section 16 in the current Model & Semantics document,
which implementors have found too restrictive to be included in the
standards
documents. It will also discuss some backwards compatibility issues, such as
if you want your IPP implementation to inter-operate with HTTP 1.0 and SSL3.

So please be prepared to discuss your favorite issues tomorrow. I have not
seen much discussion about the resolutions for the Encoding & Transport
issues yet.

There is an increasing interest to discuss the option to run IFAX over
IPP as evidenced by the Cap Ventures/MFPA Conference in which I participated

last week. Let us discuss if we should set up one or several separate phone
conferences to discuss that subject.

Here is the dial-in information:

Time:     October 21, 10:00 - 12:00 PDT (1:00 - 3:00 EDT)
Phone:    1-800-857 5607
Passcode: cmanros

Carl-Uno

---
Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com