Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Oct 27 12:51:41 EST 1998

Question	1.49 Standard values are keywords, not names

The attributes with attribute syntax (keyword | name) list standard values,
but don't specify whether those values are keywords or names.

Discussion	Keywords are language-independent and were the intent of the
standard values.  I suggest that they are keywords, not names.  Names are
for administrators to define.

Proposed Answer 	For every attribute that list values, add the word
"keyword" or "enum" in between the words "standard" and "values" for the
phrase at the beginning of the list.  So for example, "job-hold-until"
change "Standard values for named time periods are:" to "Standard keyword
values for named time periods are:"

Comments?

Tom Hastings
(310) 333-6413