IPP> SLP "printer" template - DUPLEX

Ira Mcdonald x10962 imcdonal at eso.mc.xerox.com
Fri Oct 30 18:42:48 EST 1998

Hi Harry,

I spoke with Pete St. Pierre this afternoon and he agrees that we
should treat IPP as the primary source document for attributes
(ie, wherever Printer MIB or Salutations also has the similar
attribute, align with IPP and show the mapping(s) in comments).

Thanks for your (correct) example of how to fix the 'duplex'
attribute in the 'printer:' template.  I'll make this change
in the near future and mail a new text out (but I'll fix
any other attributes which have this 'multiple heritage'
conflict and aren't currently IPP-aligned, before sendin
it out).

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc