Carl Kugler kugler at us.ibm.com
Fri Nov 6 14:29:56 EST 1998

Paul said:
> Reminder - we all agreed that IPP1 == June 30th. We should only change that
> if there is some insurmountable problem. (we can always add clarifying text
> to the imp. guide).

Paul-

The reason I brought all this up in the first place is that I believe the June spec is broken in regards to Natural Language.  It is self-contradictory, or at least open to multiple valid interpretations (==> interop problems).  See

http://www.egroups.com/list/ipp/3641.html

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But what if it is broke?  Maybe part of the reason the document authors got it wrong is that it is too complex.  If we need to make changes anyway, maybe we can simplify things on the way.

    -Carl

"K.I.S.S."

-----
See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/ipp/?start=4807