Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Dec 15 15:03:54 EST 1998

I did my action item from the Tucson meeting to break the proposal for
registrations that we considered into separate documents.  Hopefully, we can
review these documents at the San Diego meeting and on the mailing list.

I've created sub-directories under /pub/pwg/ipp/approved-registrations and
/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-registrations that parallel the sub-directories the
[ipp-mod] section 6
specifies for IANA:

I've posted the following proposed extensions to IPP/1.0:

1. Additional "finisihings" enum values at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-registrations/attribute-values/ipp-fi
nishings-attr-vals-981214.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-registrations/attribute-values/ipp-fi
nishings-attr-vals-981214.pdf

Abstract:

This document specifies additional enum values for the IPP/1.0 "finishings"
Job Template attribute for use with the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 (IPP)
[ipp-mod, ipp-pro].  This attribute permits the client to specify additional
finishing options, including values that include a specification of a
coordinate system for the placement of finishings operation with respect to
the corners and edges of portrait and landscape documents.

2. New "output-bin" Job Template attribute at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-registrations/attributes/ipp-output-b
in-attr-981214.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-registrations/attributes/ipp-output-b
in-attr-981214.pdf

Abstract:

This document specifies the OPTIONAL "output-bin" Job Template attribute for
use with the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [ipp-mod, ipp-pro].  This
attribute permits the client to specify in which output bin a job is to be
placed.

3. New "pages-per-minute" and "pages-per-minute-color" Printer Description
attributes at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-registrations/attributes/ipp-pages-pe
r-minute-attr-981214.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-registrations/attributes/ipp-pages-pe
r-minute-attr-981214.pdf

Abstract:

This document specifies the OPTIONAL "pages-per-minute" and
"pages-per-minute-color" Printer Description attributes for use with the
Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [ipp-mod, ipp-pro].  This attribute
permits the client to determine the nominal speed for black and white
printing and for color, if the printer supports color.  These attributes are
also in the current SLP directory schema proposal.

I'll bring copies to the meeting in San Diego as well.

Tom Hastings
(310) 333-6413