We need to set the order of tests that will be performed at the next IPP
Bake-Off. At the recent IPP meeting in San Diego we worked out a list of
"test areas". What I need from the IPP group is a response to this email.
I need you to rank the following "test areas" according to their importance
to you. If we overlooked something that you believe is important please
include it with an indication of its importance.
The importance scale is defined below.
H - High importance. This "test area" must be covered in the Bake-Off
M - Medium importance. This "test area" should be covered in the Bake-Off.
L - Low importance. Only test this if time permits.
X - No importance. I would not waste my time testing this.
We will perform sections 2, 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3 from the Test Plan. This will
insure basic IPP connectivity and list printer capability. The "test areas"
that you must prioritize follows.
1) Create Job/Send Document - Test the interoperability of the
create-job/send-document operations in various implementations.
2) Print by Reference - Test the interoperability of the
create-job/send-uri and print-uri operations in various implementations.
3) Security - Test the ability of IPP Clients and Printers to
interoperate while various security schemes are in effect. The security
schemes can be Basic, Digest, SSL3, or TLS. We will test only the ability
of the Client and Printer to complete an operation such as print-job or
get-printer-attributes. We will not be testing the interactions of an
authenticated user and his capabilities in the IPP model.(e.g. one user
being able to cancel another user's job)
4) Doc Format Colored Attributes - Test the printer's capability to
return attribute values based on the document format specified in the IPP
5) Chunking - Test the ability of an IPP Printer to accept a chunked
IPP request. Test the ability of an IPP Client to accept a chunked
6) HTTP Version - Test the interoperability of IPP requests/responses
over HTTP 1.0.
7) Hold/Release - Test the hold-job, release-job, pause-printer and
resume-printer more rigorously than during the first Bake-Off.
8) Charset - Test charsets other than UTF-8.
9) Language - Test multiple languages.
10) NLO - Test natural language override.
11) IPP Scheme - Test the "ipp://" scheme.
12) Spool/NoSpool - Modify test plan and scripts to accommodate
13) Redirect - Test the ability of an IPP client to properly handle an
Please respond with the importance scale and the "test area" numbers that
correspond(e.g. H - 3, 5, 6).
Thanks for the input,