Richard Shockey rshockey at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 21 22:14:10 EST 1998

>> The group will take note of other areas within the IETF that may have direct
>> bearing on IPP and FAX interworking.
>>
>> Relevant areas include:
>>
>> -       Security, Authentication and Encryption (SSL3 -TLS)
>> -       Sender Identification (vCard)
>
>Conneg?

Excellent Point... at the regular IPP/PWG meeting in San Diego myself and
Randy Turner of Sharp noted the need for IPP to make contact with the
CONNEG WG and exchange ideas and concepts since IPP is pretty deep into
defining capabilities for IPP Printer Objects.

The CONNEG framework is IMHO perfect for printers...at the very least the
framework IPP is considering should not conflict with CONNEG, though 3WC
has several proposals on the table for similar concepts specifically in the
mobile device area using XML [suprise?].

I'm very hopeful that the fine work of CONNEG can extend out into other
application areas.

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110