Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Thu Jan 8 20:18:14 EST 1998

I like Bob's re-write of the "orientation" attribute much better.

I did not touch that description, but had only added
"when the IPP Printer performs the formatting" to the end of the
existing paragraph.

One possible confusion is that we mean "the content of the print stream
pages do not specify orientation", not the value of the "document-format"
attribute, so change document-format to content (twice).

Put hyphens around the "document-format" attribute when referring to that
attribute, rather than the concept.

Also as a matter of style, all the other descriptions start out
with "This attribute ...", so I suggest re-ordering the first sentence.

How about:

4.2.10	orientation-requested (type2 enum)

This attribute specifies the client-requested orientation of the content
of the print-stream pages when they are printed for documents whose
content does not explicitly specify the orientation (e.g., "document-format"
is 'text/plain').  For documents whose content does explicitly specify the
orientation (e.g., PostScript), this attribute SHALL have no meaning -- it
neither alters the orientation nor specifies the existing orientation.