IPP> Delay of IPP ratification

Roger K Debry rdebry at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 9 15:52:54 EST 1998

If XML has the promise of providing a better protocol format,
then I am willing to take a look at it. If we decide that XML does
make sense, will Microsoft have a reasonably complete mapping
to propose?  I would be hesitant to sign up for a completely new
approach without the promise of being able to quickly produce
a mapping document with the same level of function and detail
as the current one. If there's six months of effort required to figure
out how to use XML in IPP, then I'd most certainly vote against it!

I assume that this does not affect the model and semantics!

Roger K deBry
Senior Technical Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems