IPP> MOD> A New View of Notification Requirements

Ron Bergman rbergma at dpc.com
Tue Feb 10 19:22:26 EST 1998

Jay,

I would agree that several of these attributes could be multi-valued.
Your example for "printer_service-notifcation-uri" is good.  Also, the
"local-notification-uri" could be multi-valued.  For example, if you send
a document to a printer at Dataproducts in Simi Valley, you could include
my uri as well as a secretary.  If the secretary knows that I am not in the
office today, she will retrieve the document and place it in my mail box.
If I am in, she will just ignore the message.  A corresponding
"local-notification-types-requested" should also be included.

Another approach would be to have an "alternate...notification-uri", but
this would always result in some limitations.  The multi-valued approach
is much cleaner.

As we develop the scenarios, additional attributes may also be determined
to be multi-valued.

Tomorrows phone conference should be interesting.  Unfortunately, I will
not be able to participate.

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.