don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Thu Mar 11 16:02:32 EST 1999

rshockey said:

>Because if you want the ITU to take a serious look
>at IPP as a "Document Transmission" protocol it will
>have to be a Draft Standard. Informational
>RFC's cannot be referenced.
>
>That said .. I'm sure there a fair amount of time before
>those issues come up.

So, why not wait until we really need IPP to be standards track,
incorporating our learning along the way, and in the end having
a better standard due to our patience?

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Director, Strategic & Technical Alliances  *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *