Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Apr 9 08:43:49 EDT 1999

[My Last Comment, I *Promise ;]

"Manros, Carl-Uno B" wrote:
> I have checked the latest documentation from the IETF-HTTP WG and
> this is what I found:
>
> 1) Both Basic and Digest are OPTIONAL for use with HTTP/1.1

Then may I respectfully suggest that we make them OPTIONAL for IPP
as well?  If the IETF approves the HTTP/1.1 with that wording, then
certainly IPP/1.1 will get approved...  Let the vendors fight over
who has the "most secure" IPP implementation... :)

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com