Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Thu May 20 04:25:26 EDT 1999

I've posted the proposed IPP/1.0 & IPP/1.1 extension:  "Job Independent
Subscriptions" event notification paper:  I'll send the issues as separate
mail messages to start the discussion going.  We hope to review both
notification papers that the IPP WG meeting next week as well.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-printer-990519.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-printer-990519.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-printer-990519-rev.do
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-printer-990519-rev.pd

Again the revision marks are pretty extensive, so the versions without
revisions are recommended.
1	Change History
The following changes were made from the July 7, 1998 to create the May 19,
1999 version:
		1.	Added the lease time concept from Jini and SLP event
notification mechanisms, where the client requests a lease, but may be
granted more or less, depending on the "notify-lease-time-supported
(rangeOfInteger) attribute.
		2.	Added "notify-lease-time-default" so that the client
can request the "usual", if it doesn't care.
		3.	Added returning the subscription ID in the
Renew-Subscription response in case the implementation needs to change the
ID.
		4.	Added some issues.