IPP> Implementers guide and table1

henrik.holst at i-data.com henrik.holst at i-data.com
Wed Sep 1 10:03:22 EDT 1999

What I mean is, that the table 1 we have in the IIG, explains what the IPP
Client MUST and SHOULD
send to the IPP Printer. But I think that we need a table telling what the IPP
Printer MUST and SHOULD
send to the IPP Client, and also two other tables describing what both the IPP
Client and the
IPP Printer MUST and SHOULD support of operations and attributes.

E.g.:
The IPP Client SHOULD send the 'requesting-user-name' attribute in a 'Print-Job'
operation, but the IPP Printer MUST support it.

Holst

Ira Mcdonald <imcdonal at sdsp.mc.xerox.com> on 31-08-99 16:36:09