Ron Bergman rbergma at mailgate.dpc.com
Fri Nov 5 19:09:44 EST 1999

Tom,

I did not interpret Keith's response the same as you did.  I do not see a new
port and scheme mandated, but I do see a need to justify our position
regardless of which path we take.  To quote Keith:

  "If you use the IPP port I think ipp: would be okay."

My only concern is that we have not made a sufficient case for a new port and
scheme.  Just saying it is a different protocol is not sufficient.  Certainly
Paul Moore believed that it is not a new protocol.  This issue needs more
discussion.

    Ron Bergman
    Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions
'