Caruso, Angelo Angelo.Caruso at usa.xerox.com
Mon Jan 4 15:23:26 EST 1999

Ira,

Thanks for the update. I have two questions:

1) Why was 'pages-per-minute-color' not added? I thought that we had reached
a rough consensus on this proposed new attribute on the IPP mail list, so I
am surprised to see it was not added. It seems like a pretty harmless
addition.

2) Shouldn't we propose a syntax for the representation of ordered lists as
part of the general SLP template syntax? It seems like a hack to invent a
new syntax for ordered lists just for the sake of the printer template.
Please note that I am not trying to intentionally delay progress on the
printer template, but it just seems like ordered list capability is pretty
fundamental and that printers are not the only networked services that might
benefit from ordered list attributes. My apologies if this has already been
discussed on the SLP mail list (of which I am not a member).

Thanks,
Angelo