Resend: Re: IPP> Chunked POST: SUMMARY

kugler at us.ibm.com kugler at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 25 11:24:44 EST 1999

  <9901240030.aa0531- at paris.ics.uci.edu> wrote:
Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/http-wg/?start=8506
> >Roy, would implementing it as a Java servlet be braindead?
>
> That depends on the servlet API.
Unfortunately, the Servlet API spec is silent on the issues of
Content-Length and chunking.

> >Should every
> >application that uses HTTP as a transport build in its own HTTP
> >implementation, even if one is already available on the platform?
>
> No application should use HTTP as a transport.

I don't think everyone would agree with that statement.  See

Network Working Group                                        Keith Moore
Internet-Draft                                   University of Tennessee
5 August 1998                                           Patrik Faltstrom
Expires: 5 February 1999                                           Tele2
         On the use of HTTP as a Substrate for Other Protocols
                      draft-iesg-using-http-00.txt