Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Feb 15 19:44:51 EST 1999

I agree with Paul in that we did NOT need to include the extensions in the
IPP/1.1 Model and Semantics document.  We did it just for convenience.
However, in order to clarify that extensions not incorporated into the main
document are not second class citizens, I suggest adding a sentence to the
3.1.7 Versions section of the Model after the first two sentences:

3.1.7 Versions

Each operation request and response carries with it a "version-number"
parameter.  Each value of the "version-number" is in the form "X.Y" where X
is the major version number and Y is the minor version number.

adding:

The version "X.Y" is meant to included any extensions that have been
approved for use with the document that specifies version X.Y.  See section
6.

Ok?

Tom