Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Feb 24 03:18:40 EST 1999

I've updated the Set 1 Operations that are extensions to IPP/1.0 to agree
with the clarifications (and elimination of one OPTION) made to IPP/1.1
Model and Semantics as proposed on the mailing list and agreed on last
week's IPP telecon.  Now the IPP/1.0 Set 1 operations extension agree with
the IPP/1.1 Model and Semantics Internet-Draft.

Can we put approval of these changes on the agenda for the 2/24/99 IPP
telecon?

I have posted them in:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-registrations/ipp-ops-set1-990221.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-registrations/ipp-ops-set1-990221.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-registrations/ipp-ops-set1-990221-rev
.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/proposed-registrations/ipp-ops-set1-990221-rev
.pdf

Here are the clarifications and one change:
1.1	Changes to November 9, 1998 to make February 21, 1999
The following changes were made to the November 9, 1998 to make February 21,
1999 version in order to keep the Set 1 operations aligned with IPP/1.1
Model and Semantics:
1.	Clarified Hold-Job, if the client supplies the OPTIONAL
"hold-job-until" Operation attribute and the Printer doesn't support that
attribute or the supplied value, ignore the attribute, accept the request
and hold the job (indefinitely until Release-Job), returning the
'successful-ok-ignored-attributes-or-values' status code, rather than
rejecting the request, since the results are not too different from what the
user requested.
2.	Clarified Restart-Job, if the client supplies the OPTIONAL
"hold-job-until" Operation attribute and the Printer doesn't support that
attribute, ignore the attribute, accept the request and restart the job
returning the 'successful-ok-ignored-attributes-or-values' status code,
rather than rejecting the request, since the results are not too different
from what the user requested.
3.	Clarified Restart-Job, if the client supplies the OPTIONAL
"hold-job-until" Operation attribute and the Printer doesn't support that
attribute value, ignore the value, accept the request and hold the job
indefinitely returning the 'successful-ok-ignored-attributes-or-values'
status code, rather than rejecting the request, since the results are not
too different from what the user requested.
4.	Eliminate OPTION 1 in the Restart-Job operation so that Restart-Job
is like Hold-Job in that neither operation can be done when the job is in
the 'processing' or 'processing-stopped' states.  Add new operations for
that functionality if and when needed.

Tom Hastings
(310) 333-6413