harryl at us.ibm.com harryl at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 9 13:22:25 EDT 1999

I just don't want printing on the Internet to be any more difficult or
constrained (necessarily) than Faxing is today, as an analogy. You tell me
your fax number, I "fax" you. I tell you my printer URL, you "IPP" me. Is
there a reason we'd want it to be more difficult? A full pyramid of
security options on top of that (based on standards so we can actually
interporate) is great and will make IPP more viable in a myriad of
enterprise, campus and government security scenarios.

Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems
harryl at us.ibm.com

"Manros, Carl-Uno B" <cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com> on 04/09/99 10:57:14 AM